CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 23, 2010

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Funny how when I most want to write, I have the least amount of time to do so. I should be studying for Euro or Calc now. But here I go anyway with a brief update.

--I really want to try my hand at poetry. AP Lit got me in that frame of mind. I'm not sure how this is going to work. I'm fairly certain that my writing style is best suited to essays. But I really don't think the essay will be a valid form of writing for much longer. (Oh wait. Blogs are just collections of essays. Darn it!) Anyway...there might be a sudden outburst of creativity up here when I have more time. Please, criticize to your heart's content. Whatever I write, I want it to be great, no matter how many drafts it takes to get there.

--I love Joey's "collection of quotes" post and am anxious to try my hand at it (I know, I'm not original). Again, that's rather time-consuming, or I'd have done it already.

--Here's a random philosophical musing for you.

Life does not get worse or better. We simply open our eyes and behold either the beauty or the flaws of the world and respond as our moods dictate.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hmm, I dunno if I'd divide people into mutually exclusive groups who either look at the beauty or flaws of the world. Neither group seems particularly appealing. The first group strikes me as psychotic/delusional, and the latter comes off as unenlightened or dead.

Mike said...

I wasn't dividing groups. I was saying that we change our own perceptions of the world (and the quality of life on it) as time passes).