CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 2, 2010

The obligatory 'time flies' post from a senior in high school.

I promise, this won't be as controversial as the last one. (By the way, I had another comment ready, but blogspot 'couldn't process my request,' which means it was too long, so it was promptly deleted. I spent ten minutes typing it. Bah.)

So, it's April now. I'm in drumline again, which means April feels like it's about three days long. At the end of this month I will be in a bus with at least 26 or so other musicians and a few staff members, on our way to Wildwood, where we will channel months of blood and sweat (not so much tears) into kicking arse and taking names as only a drumline can.

After that, it's AP Exam time. Three days of my life will be consumed by taking grueling tests, and all the other days will be used to study for said tests. And then it's June, and my time in high school is effectively done.

Holy crap.

All these years of my childhood trying to imagine what high school would be like...and now I'm almost done.

I'll have spent four years in marching band, 3 in some sort of jazz band, two in drumline, one on The Arrowhead.

Time well spent, indeed.

In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to Wildwood this year. We absolutely have the potential to do way better than Souderton's done in years. This show is freaking awesome. I remember how championships felt as a sophomore; the adrenaline was ridiculous. I can't imagine how much fun this is going to be.

Except then as soon as it's over, there's not a whole lot of high school left.

Don't worry about me, I'm rambling.

----------------
Now playing: Foo Fighters - Everlong

5 comments:

Unknown said...

"I'll have spent four years in marching band, 3 in some sort of jazz band, two in drumline, one on The Arrowhead. "

I see what you did there.

*nod of respect* Just tell me why you used "3" instead of "three." :P

Mike said...

To keep you own your toes.

Joe said...

Yeah, I'm between happy and sad on this. On one hand, I want to be in college unbelievably much right now. On the other, I wish I could spend more days like yesterday, days when everything sort of works out.

Mike said...

I know. I'll miss high school...or at least the people in it (and being in a competitive drumline). But holy crap, college sounds so awesome.

M.Gillmer said...

Sir Will, Sir Joey, and Sir Mike.

I wish all three of you the best in your remaining months in high school and wish you best in college. Although you will miss high school, you will find a new place in college. To be reallllyyyyy cliche, everything sorta does just work out in the end.

Cheers mates.