CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Politics again.

How many times can I handle my own family members saying that a national healthcare system will destroy our country before I go insane?

So America was founded on the blood, sweat and tears of the individual? False. The founders were a bunch of guys who didn't want to pay taxes and maybe some beliefs in individual rights that many had preached before them.

Hard work should bring success, yes. (Obviously chance plays a role, but let's not get into that.) But that doesn't mean the government should be denied the right to lend a helping hand.

Frankly, I'd rather see a government that actively helps those who need it (and maybe those who don't deserve it) than one that insides on siding with the greedy misers that I see spouting off about the evils of healthcare.

There are plenty of intelligent arguments against the healthcare bill. But there is nothing sinful about a government helping out its people. Want to disagree? Then let's go back in time and see how you like the Great Depression without FDR's help.

Yeah, I'm kinda ticked off right now.

----------------
Now playing: Styx - Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

http://i.imgur.com/590Ev.png

The government clearly can't do *anything* right.

Mike said...

I saw Steve Lantz post that on facebook...so true.

Emily said...

My dad's big argument is "if the government gives us everything, they can also take it away."

Right. Or, you could die from something that you could have had fixed if you had health insurance. Your call.

Mike said...

^ Precisely. I don't really think the US government is that malevolent. (And if they are, we have bigger problems on our hands.)