CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

you will be the death of me.

The life preserver doesn't do any good if you don't grab on. And it especially doesn't help if you insist that you're not drowning in the first place. And it REALLY doesn't help if you criticize the rescue crew's methods of saving your life.

What does it take for those with problems to realize that the hardest thing to accept is more likely than not the right thing and the best thing?

What am I supposed to do when I see someone suffering? I can only hear your problems in silence for so long before I take action. I'm not perfect, but can I at least try?

...

Let's make this less about me.

--Why do teenagers suffer from criminally low-self esteems?

--Why do people with problems refuse to accept help?

--When does a friend of such a person have to intervene?

Lyrics. "The Coldest Heart" by The Classic Crime.

A couple of years and I'm a silhouette
My halo is broken now and I'm all that's left
I hate to disappoint but it's the way things went
I was bound to the things I did
And after what was said
Tie up these loose ends
These voices are calling me out
I've got the solution
You can feed me to something
That is leaving this doubt...

A couple of tears and I'm a broken mess
The sadness has taken me far too deep in regret
So sing me a song about something good
My heart's on the thrashing floor
And I've done every single thing I could
I use to believe in
Some kind of feelin'
That could change everything I thought I knew
But that door is closed and
My heart feels like it's frozen
If you hear me I can feel you

1 comments:

M.Gillmer said...

--Why do teenagers suffer from criminally low-self esteems?
Generic answer here is....because we are all struggling to find ourselves and figure out who we really are, so if we don't know who we really are, we can't have belief in who we are, etc.

--Why do people with problems refuse to accept help? OK, so...they don't accept they have a problem, they feel it is a sign of weakness, etc. No likes admitting they have a problem that they can't fix on their own.


--When does a friend of such a person have to intervene? A friend intervenes when the friend believes they need to. There is no set point in time when the person has to step in to help or how long the person has to stay out of the whole issue. Generally, you can intervene when they are causing themselves harm or others. -shrug-